Thursday, September 15, 2022

What’s it about Blog Posts, Facebook Pages and Emoji’s?

What’s it about Blog Posts, Facebook Pages and Emoji’s

This is a Prelude to series of posts which I will post in a sequence and co-related to the earlier posts. So please do keep reading in that sequence to get the full picture of the topic.

You must be all wondering what this post is all about. Oh yes, it’s about Blog posts, Facebook Pages and Emoji’s. As a prelude to this very sensitive and maybe even critical topic; let me narrate to you an incident that made me to write this post.

This incident had been nagging my mind for many years and after very similar incidents occurring in my constant posting of various blog posts, it made me want to write about this.

Should I call it a lack of awareness or general knowledge? Should I be harsh and term it as sheer ignorance? Or should I treat it as a combination of both and try to clear the air for many who are still in a predicament as to what each of them means and implies especially on Social Media Platforms.

I decided to take a more lenient view to my experiences, and write this post which will hopefully clear the air for many of my valued readers, patrons, as well as well-wishers who sometimes miss a large part of my content. They have come back to me asking to know more about the topic, when in fact the content was very elaborate and exhaustive.

As we all may know; a blog is a discussion or informational website published on the World Wide Web consisting of discrete, often informal diary-style text entries. Posts are typically displayed in reverse chronological order so that the most recent post appears first, at the top of the web page.

As a Writer, Blogger, Author and Wordsmith, I have innumerable Blogs on Blogger, and in almost all cases; each being individually linked to a specific Facebook Page, having their respective Twitter Handles. I have done this clearly to ensure that a specific genre of readers who follows my Blog Posts and specific content is kept updated with the latest content and posting. These posts are obviously also shared if needed on LinkedIn and Instagram as the need may be.

Let me therefore cite the exact experience that triggered off my writing this post.

Some time ago, I had patiently focused on an Issue of utmost importance in present times and written an amazing post about it. It took me all of one full day to create this post, complete with all its examples, images related to those relevant emotions, Quotes that matched the topic, Adages that supported every word and sentence of my writing. I was very happy with the content and layout, and as usual shared the post on my Facebook Page linked to that Blog. A link with relevant details was further shared to my Twitter Handle, LinkedIn and other social media platforms.

I got an overwhelming response to it. Comments, likes, shares, calls, all pouring in to congratulate the my writing that particular post which was so close to the hearts of many readers and had immediately connected with them. I felt satisfied that I had achieved what I wanted from the writing of that post.

The next day I noticed a very short but simple comment by one of my readers with a string of Emoji’s accompanying the short message. In fact what I was curious to see was there were more Emoji’s than words in the short message she had posted, which faintly I remember translated into saying “Superb, Fantastic, Great”.

I normally have a habit of connecting with those who comment, like or share my post to get a first hand review of what their actual experience was about my post. This, I do to try and improve my writing and / or ensure that my message has gone across in the right tone.

I messaged the reader to know what she had found so intense that she had mentioned “Superb, Fantastic, Great”, specifically asking her what she had liked about the Post and that I wanted to know if it touched a chord with her!

I was left aghast and rather embarrassed when she asked me back – “What Post?”? I explained to her once again and pointed out to her; that she had posted the comment and a string of Emoji’s below that particular very sensitive and touching post and I was trying to know from her whether she had liked it?

“No, No, No she replied. I did not see or read any post I posted the message because I liked the Image that was seen in that post”! The Image she was mentioning was which normally comes up on Social Media when you share the link of a Blog post or Web Page which is on the top of the post. It seems it was that image which had a very sensitive Quote written across the equally impressive image that she had liked. She even went on to say that she did not know it was a post in the first place, in spite of the fact that there was a proper small introduction, leading to the post.

I knew it was not a time to chat on messenger but with her permission took her number and called her personally to explain to her what I wanted to express.
I don’t need to explain to you what went through my mind, but out of due respect to her as one of my patrons and valued readers, I spent some time explaining to her about how she should access any post on Social Media, especially Facebook, how she should respond to it so that not only she herself could benefit from the content of the post and also connect with the writer in the right tone. 

It was a long but very satisfying chat with her and indeed she was so grateful, and thankful that I had take the time to explain so well what possibly she could have just passed off as a great moment of appreciation of that impressive image with an even more impressive quote. She still remains my most valued and loved patron and avid reader of almost all my posts till date. In fact I am happier that she even messages me to correct me in case I do have an error. So well taken and appreciated as always.

So “You”, my dear reader will have realized that it was not a simple “Much Ado about Nothing” but a more serious issue which is evident even at present on most Social Media platforms. With due respect to all readers and meaning no disrespect, I have observed that it has become a sort of craze to be present and have an account on maximum number of Social Media Platforms, just keep hiking up your likes, followers, and try to be a part of every possible post that you read.

What these trigger happy or rather “Like Savvy” people if I may call them are missing is the real essence of the posts. Furthermore they seem to totally be oblivious to what exactly a Blog Post means. They also miss out on the very meaning and Existence of a Facebook Page, and to top it all they just blast away tagging Emoticons or Emoji’s that either mean little sense or sometimes even dilute the very purpose of the post as these Emoji’s are often supported by lewd or insensible comments. Little do they realize the harm they are causing to a possibly very well intended, well written post?

In a sequel to this prelude to my introductory post I will explain what I mean in an elaborate way by titling my post as “What’s it about Blog Posts, Facebook Pages and Emoji’s”. So please bear with me and keep a watch for my next post coming up soon.

Your comments, suggestions, Likes and share will reflect if my post has made its mark on what I have intended to make known to you all.

Take care, Keep reading, God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment