Monday, January 9, 2023

Proffering my services as a Citizen Reporter

Proffering my services as a Citizen Reporter

On this my 64th Birthday today, the 10th of January 2023, I rise to the Challenge in proffering my services as a Citizen Reporter, primarily catering to the needs of and helping Senior Citizens. I will also be attending to Social Causes that are now disturbing our society.

Age has never been a bar for me to take on any challenge, nor has the challenges to take up something new but in line with my genre of work. I have always had the penchant and liking for connecting with causes that related to Social betterment, Civic Apathy, and reviewing them to come out with solutions that could benefit all those connected with the issue. Wherever and whenever possible I rose up to take on those challenges, whether it being a signing a petition, for a good and noble cause, being a part of that group, contributing in whatever way I could and trying to learn more, so I could contribute in a more solid part of that work. 

This is my New Year resolution that I will be starting to write and publish content and information which will be helpful to all Senior Citizens, as I had a lot of them requesting me to do it as many of them do not have proper access to such information let alone know the rights of Senior Citizens. That will be the most Noble cause I can contribute to.

I will be shortly start operating as a "Citizen Reporter" and later also as a "Citizen Journalist" once I connect with the relevant associations. I am already doing some online courses in Journalism, Reporting, Mass media to help me in my work. Once fully operational I will be connecting and reporting to major ministries of the Gov.in including PMO and all relevant ministries. I had already connected, finance, home and other relevant ministries and ministers on certain issues that I felt I could give inputs on, but will now operate on a more specific and responsible platform.

It is a vast process connecting with each so I am doing it step by step. I will also be uniquely connecting even with National Cyber Crime reporting Portal, a few special Maharashtra Police Channels, PCMC, etc. I would be also connecting and trying to report to selected News papers from a list of over 40 top papers, Associations, and Federations doing Citizen Reporting. I am also connecting with a vast number of Associations and Bodies including Government Of India Sites, helping out Senior Citizens and will showcase their services through my posts. 

It is a daunting task that would require total focus and application to the cause of the help for Senior Citizens, and I will leave no opportunity where I can learn something and use it for the cause. I will also be in due course of time creating a separate Page, Group for Senior Citizens help, involving the same Senior Citizens I have connected with, giving them an opportunity to share their experience and also be an integral part of this whole noble exercise.

In this noble cause and responsibility I seek the Best Wishes and Blessings of all Elders, Senior Citizens, Family, Friends and Well-Wishers, and look forward to your active participation with me in making this a success!

This is only my introductory post on my Blog and very soon I would be having a separate Blog for this work, but wanted to use this day to give my work a fitting start. Do keep a watch for my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment